Friday 17 August 2012

#3. Comfort

08/08.12
As things are edging closer, I'm taking great comfort in knowing that I have the support of a lot of people.
I've always had a problem with people wishing me luck with anything, probably because I'm not used to it. It doesn't help, me being the negative person that I am. Now, for probably the 1st time ever, I'm embracing the positivity of other people & I'm certainly going to try hard not to let go of it.
It's also nice to know that since I've been speaking openly about what I/we are going through, that other people i know have either been there & succeeded, Going through it, ot just about to start. Especially when it comes from unexpected places, I got an amazing text from a work mate today, saying (In his usual crude nature)
 "good luck for tomorrow muck chucker, I'll be thinking of you, I just hope you won't be thinking of me"
I'm never going to be able to perform my duties, thinking of a hairy short arse. But I know he means well, because he's been through it & he knows the score

No comments:

Post a Comment