Saturday 18 August 2012

#4. ...& the results are in

17.08.2012

We're off to a flying start!!!
So our appointment is at 4pm & guess what? Local girl done good Jessica Ennis is having a welcome home party in the middle of Sheffield to celebrate her recent gold in the Olympics ...which starts at 4pm. best add an hour to the journey time to be on the safe side. To add extra annoyance some twat in a 4x4 decided to not pay attention to our brake lights & hit the back of our car. Thankfully no-one was hurt & it didn't hold us up too long.

I've actually tried not to think about this, this week. I hate waiting for results, probably because there's still a little bit of the pessimist within.
I knew that the semen sample I gave was going to be OK, purely because the last one I had to do shown no problems, But it was the blood sample that had me worried. I was confident enough that I hadn't got AIDS of Hepatitis, but what if it show I had something else? I blame my Dad for that, he always refused blood tests just in case they found something wrong with him (Kinda funny really that when he finally did have a blood test, they did find something wrong with him. well I found it funny)
Anyway, all tests we're clean. So let's have some more. YAY! height, weight & blood pressure this time, Considering the traffic collision earlier , my blood pressure was fine, just a shame the same couldn't be said for Libby's.

It's nice to speak to someone that doesn't want to prod & poke me or take bodily fluids away from me. they're just going to blind us with science instead, Our nurse Paula, started to explain what happens now & pretty much most of it kinda went in one ear & straight back out of the other side (with the exception of the word 'Blastocyst' ...I like that word, dunno why though)
most of it was like being back in school studying biology, with diagrams of female reproductive organs (Y'know the bit that looks like something from Ghostbusters)
I don't really want to go into specifics of the procedures just yet, because I'll have no material to write about in future blog posts, maybe I'll go into more detail when I've fully got my head around it all.
Also had a slight reminder that I've got the easier end of the deal, because most of sounds quite painful & intrusive BUT I do have to give another semen sample, don't worry I'll not repeat the previous spunk related fun & games. One things for sure I WILL NOT BE PARTING WITH THE RED STUFF THIS TIME!!!

It's typical that all the questions I would have liked to ask, didn't enter my head until we were on the way home, I must make notes to take with me next time
The next two weeks will seem like an agonising wait before we start the treatment for real, so i make that two weeks of my brain doing overtime trying to make sense of the whole damn thing or at least come up with some more nonsense thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment